Monday, March 28, 2011

overdue.

Goodness it has been a long while since I last posted! Lots of little things have gone on in the last month. So I shall update everyone. :) 


Lily turned 8 months old and is just a little ball of energy! She got her first two teeth, on the bottom and now she's working on the top two! She is beginning to change into a little toddler day by day. 

 

Well that photo of our precious Lils brings me to tell you we got family pictures taken a few weekends ago and they are seriously the sweetest pictures we have had taken. Brought tears to my eyes. Kristina Gaines Photography took our pictures and she captured such precious moments for us. We have the absolute pleasure of getting to hang these beautiful photos in our home. Big thank you to her!! Here are just a few of the incredible pictures she took. 



They are seriously perfect. 

Well spring has sprung so we have started on our outdoor projects! I say we, in reality it's just my manly hubs. :) He started building our pergola in the backyard and it's just awesome. I don't know how he does some of the things he does but, man I am so blessed that he can! He is seriously amazing on so many levels. I could just go on forever about him...I promise I won't. 


Still in it's beginning stages but I love it! 

So me and Tommy have been talking about visiting different churches lately and to see if anything just grabs ahold of our hearts. And it's really been pulling at my heart lately that it doesn't matter what the "church" gives to us but what we give to her. The church is not a building where you go and spend your Sunday morning and evening. We are to be the church to this lost dark world.  We all have our very own specific gift that was given to us from our Jesus. I urge you, as well as myself, to go and use that precious gift to glorify His name!  Romans 12 is simple and just pure truth. Verses 3-8 jump at me and bring me to my knees. 

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully." 

I love that. Honest truth. As me and Tommy continue our journey on finding our church home, I pray that we don't lose sight on what is true. We, sons and daughters of the King, are the church and we are to work along side our brothers and sisters in Christ to reach this broken world. 

To God be the glory. - Jaimee









1 comment:

  1. Good stuff sis. We go to Eastpointe Community Church if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete